Course Suitable for:
The First Aid Responder course, is a replacement for Occupational First Aid that is recognised by the HSA from 1st November 2016, is aimed at those persons within an organisation with responsibility for first response, first aid treatment in the workplace.
2 Year certification of Competence, from Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council (PHECC) recognised by Health & Safety Authority, following successful assessments.
Public First Aid courses take place in Ballycummin Village, Raheen Limerick.
Private First Aid courses can be delivered onsite at your company.
Maximum: 6 participants
The First Aid Response Course aims to produce highly confident First Aiders with the skills and knowledge to provide care until arrival of emergency services. The course is focused on practical skills and scenario training, this is backed up with the theory sessions to provide the solid foundation of knowledge and understanding.
- A replacement for QQI Occupational First Aid
- Recognised by Health & Safety Authority from 1st November 2016
- Meets all the requirements of the current Health & Safety Standards and requirements for employee training.
- Develops a preventative approach to accidents and incidents within the workplace.
On completion of the First Aid Responder course participants will have the skills to:
- deal with life threatening or potentially life threatening conditions in the pre-hospital environment until arrival of emergency medical services.
- provide First Aid Response for conditions not thought to be life-threatening but are necessary to prevent further harm before the emergency medical services arrive.
- provide pre-hospital First Aid Response in a wide range of environments including home and recreational settings.
- display the requisite personal skills including composure, competence and self-confidence while understanding their limitations.
The course includes:
- Incident management
- Cardiac emergencies
- Patient Assessment
- Injury management & Shock
- Care of Unconscious Patient
- Burns & Electrical injuries
- Common Medical emergencies
- Adult C.P.R. & AED
- Infant C.P.R & AED
Nuala- I loved the course, I will recommend for all companies to do this course. Improved skills and good team bonding.
Gary- I am happy I have the actions of a primary and secondary survey or a casualty.
John- Everything was completed in a safe manner. Masks worn at all times. Gloves provided, didn't feel uneasy at any part of the 3 days.
Peter- The course was very interesting and very beneficial. Tutor was very knowledgeable and very good at involving all of the students.
Richard- Very positive and something everyone should know.
Alex- I highly recommend this course, tutor was very knowledgeable and encouraged participants throughout the course. After the course I feel confident in my abilities to deal with a situation requiring first aid.