Abrasive Wheel Training
Book your place on an Abrasive wheels course today!
Phone: 061 422207 Mobile: 087 6162564
COURSE SUITABLE FOR:
People wanting to mount and operate abrasive wheel equipment safely in compliance with statutory requirements.
€70pp and group discounts are available. Please contact the OSS Training Coordinator for public and individual fees and availability.
O'Dwyer Safety Services Ltd Certificate
Maximum: Participants Group Training
Courses can be delivered onsite at your company or we can organize a suitable venue close to your location ; Tipperary, Limerick, Shannon etc...
Room suitable to seat people comfortably (with tables /desks if possible) and suitable area for demonstrations.
White wall or projector screen
At the end of the training course participants should be able to:
- Identify different types of Abrasive Wheel
- Identify Types, Markings, Operating Speeds used in correct selection of Abrasive wheels
- Explain the Hazards and Risks associated with abrasive wheels
- Explain correct Storage and Handling Methods
- Demonstrate Inspection and Testing methods and techniques
- Identify Components used in mounting Abrasive wheels
- Demonstrate correct Assembly, Balance and Fit methods
- Explain Dressing / Maintenance requirements
- Select suitable PPE
- Demonstrate Safe Working Practises/ Techniques
Summary Skills Demonstration 75%
In skills demonstrations, candidates will be observed carrying out the following practical tasks:
An observation check sheet will be used to identify the expected skills and activities
- Correct wheel selection
- Inspection and Pre checks
- Mounting techniques
- Test runs
- Safe work practises
Examination (Theory-Based) Oral or Written 25%