PHECC First Aid Response
Book your place on a First Aid Response Course today!
Phone: 061 422207 Mobile: 087 6162564
As and from the 1st June, 2018, the Health & Safety Authority only recognises First Aid Response Education and Training Standard FAR as meeting the needs of First Aid in all workplaces.
Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council First Aid Response
Public First Aid courses take place in Ballycummin Village, Raheen Limerick. Private First Aid courses can be delivered onsite at your company in varying locations (Limerick, Clare, Tipperary, Cork, Galway etc.)
Group training. Maximum: 6 participants
4th-6th August 2020
17th-19th August 2020
31st-2nd September 2020
We also have an option for 3 days FAR training on 3 consecutive Saturdays. The dates are below.
September 19th, September 26th & October 3rd
The First Aid Response Course aims to produce highly confident First Aiders with the skills and knowledge to provide care until arrival of emergency services. The course is focused on practical skills and scenario training, this is backed up with the theory sessions to provide the solid foundation of knowledge and understanding.
· A replacement for QQI Occupational First Aid
· Recognised by Health & Safety Authority from 1st November 2016
· Meets all the requirements of the current Health & Safety Standards and requirements for employee training.
· Develops a preventative approach to accidents and incidents within the workplace.
On completion of the First Aid Responder course participants will have the skills to:
• deal with life threatening or potentially life threatening conditions in the pre-hospital environment until arrival of emergency medical services.
• provide First Aid Response for conditions not thought to be life-threatening but are necessary to prevent further harm before the emergency medical services arrive.
• provide pre-hospital First Aid Response in a wide range of environments including home and recreational settings.
• display the requisite personal skills including composure, competence and self-confidence while understanding their limitations.
The course includes:
- Incident management
- Cardiac emergencies
- Patient Assessment
- Injury management & Shock
- Care of Unconscious Patient
- Burns & Electrical injuries
- Common Medical emergencies
- Adult C.P.R. & AED
- Infant C.P.R & AED
2 Year certification of Competence, from Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Council recognised by Health & Safety Authority, following successful assessments.