CSCS Telescopic Handler
Course for Experienced Plant Operators
Book your place on a Telescopic Handler course today!
Phone : 061 422207 Mobile: 087 6162564
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
COURSE SUITABLE FOR:
Any person who engages in the use of a Telescopic Handler
QQI Certification and SOLAS CSCS card valid for five years
Please contact OSS Training Coordinator for individual course fees and availability
Start time 8.30am
Maximum: 3 participants
- Must be at least 18 yrs old on day of course
- P.P.S. Number and 1 passport size/standard photo required on the day
- Participants must have a good standard of English
- Must hold a valid safe pass card
- Must have a minimum of six months experience in the last two years on that item of plant
When booking, please inform OSS Training Co-Ordinator of any particular learning difficulties or concerns.
The CSCS plant training and assessment programme enables trained construction plant operators to gain recognition for their achievements by the way of certification, and provide an opportunity for participants to demonstrate their skills, knowledge and attitudes associated with plant operations, which provides suitable certification.
- Skills Validation Session
- Theory Test
- Practical Test
Theory test: On completion of the skills validation session, candidates are allowed forty five minutes to undertake a multi-choice question paper.
Questions will be based on the following:
- Legislation and Regulations
- Employer and employee responsibilities
- Safe working practices
- Machine components and functions
- Correct operating techniques
- Pre-used checks and basic maintenance
- Road travel
- Types and characteristics of materials and loads
- Site safety
- Shut down and securing procedures
Subjects that the questions are based on will be covered during the skills validation session. To be successful on the theory test candidates must achieve a minimum of 70% of the total available marks. The candidates who achieve a minimum of 85% will be awarded a credit.
On the test the candidate will demonstrate tasks with the telescopic handler. The candidate must achieve all essential items and not exceed the maximum score. Candidates who score no penalty marks as well as all the essential marks will be awarded a credit. The practical test has a maximum time of 1 hour and 15 minutes in which all tasks must be completed.