CSCS Site Dumper Training
Course for Experienced Plant Operators
Experienced Plant Operators must complete a SOLAS Candidate Pack detailing experience and complete a one day assessment
Please contact our office to discuss your CSCS training needs.
Phone: 061 422207 Mobile: 087 6162564
Course Suitable For:
Any person who engages in the use of a Site Dumper
QQI Certification and SOLAS CSCS card valid for five years
Please contact OSS Training Coordinator for public or individual course fees and availability
1 day for experienced operatives
Maximum 4 participants
- Must be at least 18 years old on the day of the course
- P.P.S Number and 1 passport size/standard photo required on the day
- Participants must have a good standard of English
- Must hold a valid safe pass
- Must have a minimum of six months experience in the last two years on that item of plant
- When booking please inform OSS Training Co-Ordinator of any particular learning difficulties
The CSCS plant training and assessment programme enables trained construction plant operators to gain recognition for their achievements by the way of certification, and provide an opportunity for participants to demonstrate their skills, knowledge and attitudes associated with plant operations, which provides suitable certification.
- Skills Validation Session
- Theory Test
- Practical Test
On completion of the Skills Validation Session, candidates are allowed 45 minutes to undertake a multi-choice question paper.
Questions will be based on the following;
- Legislation and regulations
- Employer and employee responsibilities
- Safe working practices
- Machine components and functions
- Correct operating techniques
- Pre-use checks and basic maintenance
- Road travel (where relevant)
- Types and characteristics of materials and loads
- Site Safety
- Shut down and securing procedures
Subjects that the questions will be based on will be covered during the Skills Validation Session. To be successful on the theory test, candidates must achieve a minimum of 70% of the total available marks. Candidates who achieve a minimum of 85% will be awarded a credit.
On the test the candidate will demonstrate tasks with the Site Dumper. The tasks to be undertaken, equipment required and a sample grading sheet is contained in part 4 of this pack. Part 4 of this pack details the equipment and resources needed for the test and the tasks the candidate will be expected to carry out with the site dumper. The grading sheet is divided into essential items and scored marks. Scored marks allow a limited number of minor errors to be made. To succeed, the candidate must achieve all essential items and not exceed the maximum score. Candidates who score no penalty marks as well as all the essential marks will be awarded a credit. The practical test has a maximum time of 1 hour 15 minutes in which all tasks must be completed.
Experienced Plant Operators must complete a SOLAS Candidate Pack detailing experience and complete a one day assessment.