Mobile Elevating Work Platform MEWP - Boom (Cherry Picker) and Scissors Lift
Book your place on a MEWP Novice/ Experienced course today!
Phone: 061 422207 Mobile: 087 6162564
€110- 1/2 day scissors OR boom including safety harness
€190pp- full day scissors AND boom including safety harness
The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 places a duty on every employer to ensure so far as reasonably practicable the safety, health and welfare at work of all his employees which includes provision of the appropriate information and instruction.
To have the ability to operate safely and know the capability of a M.E.W.P, to assess tasks, and operate in a fashion that will:
- Not harm him/herself or any one else
- Not damage any material, structure or vehicles he or she may come in contact with
- Be able to conduct a pre-shift check on a M.E.W.P. and report any defect found
- Relevant legislation
- Safety responsibilities of an operator
- Pre-shift inspection of a M.E.W.P.
- M.E.W.P. stability
- Battery care for battery powered or refuelling for diesel or gas powered
- Introduction to the M.E.W.P.
- Controls and instruments.
- Daily inspection, take-over and maintenance
- Start stopping and steering
- Simple corners and manoeuvring
- Operation of hydraulic controls
- Weight assessment
- Manoeuvring in confined spaces
- Theory and practical assessment
Note: Maximum of 6 persons per course or 12 persons per day.
Scissor lift is a half day course and boom lift is a half day course.
To certify an operator on both is a one-day course.