Course Suitable For:
Persons requiring knowledge and skills to fulfill the roles of the Project Supervisor for the Construction Stage. The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to supervise projects at construction stage in accordance with current health and safety regulations.
Coordinating Health and Safety Construction Stage - 6N0911
QQI Certificate in Coordinating Health and Safety Construction Stage 6N0911, Level 6, Credit 10
3 full days over a three week period (one day a week for three weeks)
OSS, Unit H2 Eastway Business Park, Ballysimon Limerick
- Have the knowledge, skill and competence to supervise construction projects and develop the Construction Stage Health and Safety Plan in accordance the general and specific requirements for health and safety
- Be familiar with relevant legislation, regulation and best practice in the area and be able to complete the required documentation and statutory notifications
- Understand the role of the Project Supervisor Construction Stage (PSCS) as part of the overall project team and role, duties, responsibilities and liabilities of other duty holders
- Be able to manage, and chair where appropriate, all relevant meetings
- Organise staff training in relation to onsite health and safety procedures, understanding the requirements for employee safety consultation
- Manage the interaction of sub-contractors on safety and health matters having accessed their competence in the area
- Be able to prepare the Project Safety File with the input of contractors /sub-contractors, understanding its importance to the overall project, and manage the process of handover of the File
The course will include the following modules:
1. Client PSDP & PSCS definitions/legislation and concepts
2. Developing the Construction Stage Health and Safety Plan
3. Contractor Management
4. Safety file
5. Supervising a construction project
Candidates will be required to sit a theory based examination that assesses their learner ability to recall and apply theory and understanding, requiring responses to a range of question types.
The format of the examination will be as follows:
Section A- 10 short answer questions
Section B - 2 structured questions
Section C - 2 essay-type questions
Candidates will have required to attempt to answer all questions
Please note: Candidates will be required to complete in writing.
For the project, candidates will be required to simulate the supervision of a construction project in accordance with the general and specific requirements for health and safety.
Word count for the project is 2000 words +/-10%. The work must be appropriately referenced and a bibliography must be included.