Course Suitable For:
People wanting to mount and operate abrasive wheel equipment safely in compliance with statutory requirements.
O'Dwyer Safety Services Ltd Certificate
2.5 Hours- Every second Tuesday
Maximum: 10 Participants
Courses can be delivered onsite at your company or we can organize a suitable venue close to your location.
Room suitable to seat people comfortably (with tables /desks if possible) and suitable area for demonstrations.
White wall or projector screen
At the end of the training course participants should be able to:
- Identify different types of Abrasive Wheel
- Identify Types, Markings, Operating Speeds used in correct selection of Abrasive wheels
- Explain the Hazards and Risks associated with abrasive wheels
- Explain correct Storage and Handling Methods
- Demonstrate Inspection and Testing methods and techniques
- Identify Components used in mounting Abrasive wheels
- Demonstrate correct Assembly, Balance and Fit methods
- Explain Dressing / Maintenance requirements
- Select suitable PPE
- Demonstrate Safe Working Practises/ Techniques
Summary Skills Demonstration 75%
In skills demonstrations, candidates will be observed carrying out the following practical tasks:
An observation check sheet will be used to identify the expected skills and activities
- Correct wheel selection
- Inspection and Pre checks
- Mounting techniques
- Test runs
- Safe work practises
Examination (Theory-Based) Oral or Written 25%
Very interesting from start to finish. Encouraged involvement, Trainer was very understandable and friendly. Would highly recommend this course to raise awareness of safety.
Fantastic Teacher. Great to learn from someone with his level of experience. Insightful and knowledgeable.
Very good Instructor, made everything clear and easy to understand.
Seamus was very knowledgeable and obviously very experienced. I learned a lot and had a very positive experience as did others in the course.
Very patient, gave time explaining and answering. Had experience from his own work/career.
Course was very informative and should be mandatory to all working in construction. Highly recommend