Course Suitable for:
Participation in a Basic First Aid Course is in everyone's best interest either in the workplace or in the house
2 Year certification of attendance
It is not an Occupational First Aid FETAC Level 5 course
Public First Aid courses take place in Ballycummin Village, Raheen Limerick.
Private First Aid courses can be delivered onsite at your company.
The objective of the 1 Day Basic First Aid Course is to provide people with:
- An understanding of the principles of first response.
- The necessary skills to deal with emergencies.
- Essential life saving skills.
- Responsibilities of a first aider, assessment and initial reaction
- Diagnosis and principles of treatment
- Head Injuries
- Patient Approach
- Examination of Casualty
- Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Asphyxia and its causes
- Recovery Position
- Burns and Scalds
- Blood and the circulation
- Wounds and bleeding
- Control of bleeding
- Dressings and bandages - application, including improvisation
- Fractures - causes, types, signs and symptoms
- Sprains, strains and dislocation
- Crush injuries
- Dressing and bandaging fractures
- Epilepsy, Asthma and Diabetes - definition, causes, treatment
- Emergency First Aid Kits – contents
Methods of Training:
Training is provided through Power Point Presentation, open class discussions, and through practical work.
Esther was fabulous she is very friendly and so informative and knowledgable
Very informative and engaging course learned and awful lot and confirmed a lor I already knew
Good experience to understand how and why, what to do in many situations and learn how to actaully help someone. Very nice and good trainer