Course Suitable for:
Participation in a Basic First Aid Course is in everyone's best interest either in the workplace or in the house
2 Year certification of attendance
It is not an Occupational First Aid FETAC Level 5 course
Public First Aid courses take place in Ballycummin Village, Raheen Limerick.
Private First Aid courses can be delivered onsite at your company.
The objective of the 1 Day Basic First Aid Course is to provide people with:
- An understanding of the principles of first response.
- The necessary skills to deal with emergencies.
- Essential life saving skills.
- Responsibilities of a first aider, assessment and initial reaction
- Diagnosis and principles of treatment
- Head Injuries
- Patient Approach
- Examination of Casualty
- Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Asphyxia and its causes
- Recovery Position
- Burns and Scalds
- Blood and the circulation
- Wounds and bleeding
- Control of bleeding
- Dressings and bandages - application, including improvisation
- Fractures - causes, types, signs and symptoms
- Sprains, strains and dislocation
- Crush injuries
- Dressing and bandaging fractures
- Epilepsy, Asthma and Diabetes - definition, causes, treatment
- Emergency First Aid Kits – contents
Methods of Training:
Training is provided through Power Point Presentation, open class discussions, and through practical work.