Course Suitable For:
Please note from 1st January, 2019 the two day novice course has been discontinued. The only course now available is a 1 Day Assessment course for experienced mobile tower scaffold users. Learners must have a minimum of three months on site experience assisting in the erection of a double width x 2.5m mobile tower scaffold.
QQI Certification and Solas CSCS Mobile Tower card valid for five years
Maximum of 4 participants
- Have the ability to work safely at heights
- Complete a Health & Fitness declaration
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a minimum of three months experience working with Mobile Towers
- Have a valid safe pass card
- Skills Validation System
- Theory Test
- Practical Test
On completion of the skills validation session, candidates are allowed 45 minutes to undertake a multi-choice question paper.
Questions will be based on the following:
• Legislation and regulations
• Employer and employee responsibilities
• Safe working practices
• Equipment components and functions
• Correct user and erection techniques
• Component checks and assessment of equipment
• Types and characteristics of materials and loads
• Site safety
• Safe manoeuvring of tower
Subjects that the questions will be based on will be covered during the Skills Validation Session. To be successful on the theory test, candidates must achieve a minimum of 70% of the total available marks. Candidates who achieve a minimum of 85% will be awarded a credit.
On the test the candidate will demonstrate the correct sequence for erecting, moving and dismantling a mobile tower scaffold. The tasks to be undertaken, equipment required are contained in Part 4 of this pack – Practical Test criteria. Part 4 of this pack details the equipment and resources needed for the test and the tasks the candidate will be expected to carry out.
The assessment sheet contained in the Modular Assessment Programme is divided into essential and desirable points. To succeed, the candidate must achieve all essential items.
The practical assessment has a maximum time that all tasks must be completed within 50 minutes
Experienced Mobile Tower Scaffolders must complete a SOLAS Candidate Pack detailing experience and complete a one day assessment.