Course Suitable For:
Operatives who are required to work in the proximity of Road-works,i.e using Strimmers and Lawnmowers, hedgecutting etc, in both rural and urban situations, so as to understand the risks to their own safety from passing traffic and the need to avoid creating dangers for road users. The training is mandatory under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Construction Regulations 2006.
SOLAS CSCS (Construction Sector Certification Scheme) card and QQI Level 5 certification.
Maximum 20 participants / Minimum 8
NEW SOLAS Health & Safety at Roadworks course implemented from 1st October, 2019
Candidates for this revised programme must:
1. Have previous experience of working on roads
2. Possess a valid Safe Pass registration card
3. Be at least 18 years of age
4. Be good at spatial aptitude
5. Have a A2 Level of English in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for languages (CEFR)
NOTE: The above items must be verified by the current or previous employer.
The main aim is to provide learners with the necessary knowledge, skill and competency to perform their role in assisting in the implementation of health & safety at roadworks. This includes:
1. Making minor alterations to the temporary traffic management arrangements as necessary, such as cleaning/correcting of devices and replacing devises that may have been moved or dislodged
2. Identifying and reporting to their employer or supervisor any:
· 2.1 Work being carried out that may endanger persons
· 2.2 Defects relating to the system of work, including those relating to signing, lighting and guarding
· 2.3 Related contraventions of which he or she may be aware
Multi choice answer written assessment