Course Suitable For:
Participants who would like the knowledge and confidence to operate the Scissors OR Boom lift safely, protecting both you and those around you.
Max 8 Refreshers or 4 Novice.
Scissor lift is a half day course and boom lift is a half day course.
To certify an operator on both is a one-day course.
- Relevant legislation
- Safety responsibilities of an operator
- Pre-shift inspection of a M.E.W.P.
- M.E.W.P. stability
- Battery care for battery powered or refuelling for diesel or gas powered
- Introduction to the M.E.W.P.
- Controls and instruments.
- Daily inspection, take-over and maintenance
- Start stopping and steering
- Simple corners and manoeuvring
- Operation of hydraulic controls
- Weight assessment
- Manoeuvring in confined spaces
- Theory and practical assessment
To have the ability to operate safely and know the capability of a M.E.W.P, to assess tasks, and operate in a fashion that will:
- Not harm him/herself or any one else
- Not damage any material, structure or vehicles he or she may come in contact with
- Be able to conduct a pre-shift check on a M.E.W.P. and report any defect found