Course Suitable For:
Managers, supervisors and operatives who are required to plan, organise, direct and manage road works, in both rural and urban situations. This training is mandatory under the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2006
QQI – Special Purpose Level 5 Certificate in 'Signing, Lighting and Guarding at Roadworks' and SOLAS CSCS card
On completion of the training programme, trainees will be able to evaluate, plan and install a safe system of signing, lighting and guarding at road works in accordance with the requirements of National guidelines.
Group training / 4 participants or 8 participants
NEW SOLAS Signing, Lighting & Guarding at Roadworks course implemented from 1st October, 2019
Candidates for this revised programme must:
1. Have at least 9 months road work experience operating as a candidate signing, lighting and guarding operator in construction in accordance with the 5th Schedule of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013 – S.I. No. 291 of 2013. Candidate's experience must be within last two years
2. Possess a valid Safe Pass registration card
3. Be at least 18 years of age
4. Have a B1 Level of English in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for languages (CEFR)
5. Have good colour vision, hearing, full use of trunk and neck, and be able to undertake physical activities such as lifting and carrying 6kg cones or 600mm temporary traffic signs on frames
NOTE: The above items must be verified by the current or previous employer.
Participants will undergo an in-depth 3 day course and good literacy and numeric skills are required.
If a participant fails the practical &/or written assessment, extra day(s) training will be required at an extra cost.
There are 3 Assessments - (1) Theory Multi-Choice/ Short Answer (2) Practical Site Assessment (3) Risk Assessment