Construction Projects - In order to co-ordinate the design and construction work being undertaken, the Client must put in place persons or organisations to oversee the co-ordination of the design and construction work. These appointees are called the Project Supervisor Design Process (PSDP) and the Project Supervisor Construction Stage (PSCS).
O'Dwyer Safety Services have extensive experience in construction health and safety and can work with you to fulfil your safety, health and welfare responsibilities as with our PSDP services.
The duty of the project supervisor for the design process is to ensure co-ordination of the work of designers throughout the project.
The PSDP duties include:
- Ensuring that the work of designers is coordinated to ensure safety
- Organising co-operation between designers
- Identifying hazards arising from the design related aspects of the project
- Where possible, eliminating the hazards or reduce the risks
- Communicating necessary control measures, design assumptions or remaining risks to the PSCS
- Prepare a written safety and health plan for any project where construction will take more than 500 person days or 30 working days or there is a particular risk and deliver it to the client prior to tender
- Preparing a safety file for the completed structure and give it to the client
- Notifying the Authority and the client of non-compliance with any written directions issued
O'Dwyer Safety Services can provide support to the appointed PSDP in the role of safety advisor, or act as the project Health and Safety Co-ordinator for the PSDP or be appointed directly as the PSDP for specific projects.
The PSDP plays a key role in securing construction health and safety by:
- Managing the risks and ensuring designers apply the general principles of prevention
- Communicating about design and construction with people and organisations at the right time
- Providing design safety and health project information to contractors in a way that secures health and safety
- Ensuring duty holders cooperate and communicate with each other and coordinate their work; and
- By consulting with project duty holders and engaging with them to promote and develop effective measures to secure health, safety and welfare
O'Dwyer Safety Services have completed large and small scale PSDP Projects in House Building, Roadworks, Commercial Construction, Utilities and Manufacturing industries.
For more information on PSDP services or construction health and safety advice please call us Phone: 061 422207 Mobile: 087 616 2564 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our Enquiry Form.