In a school, both primary and post-primary, the Board of Management or ETB is responsible, as the employer, for ensuring, so far as is reasonably practicable, the safety, health and welfare at work of its employees and of those directly affected by the work activities at the school. Managing safety, health and welfare in your school involves on-going activity and monitoring throughout the year.
The school term is a busy time for all school personnel. Managing health and safety compliance requirements on top of your regular duties can be a daunting and onerous task. But we can help….
The OSS consultancy team will work closely with School Representatives to understand your specific requirements and assisting you to achieve a safe and healthy work environment and legal compliance.
The Board of Management's health and safety responsibilities include complying with legal obligations as employer under the 2005 Act; providing a safe place of work and safe systems of work; ensuring the school has written risk assessments and an up to date safety statement and allocating adequate resources to health and safety; to name a few.
We have spent many years assisting primary and post-primary school’s implement and management their health and safety management systems. Our school health and safety services include:
- Safety Statement and Risk Assessment briefings for all staff.
- Bespoke Caretaker Safety Awareness training.
- Health and Safety meetings with School Representatives.
- Development of School Safety Statement and Risk Assessments.
- Facilitation of in-house completion of risk assessments using the Health and Safety Authority School Guidance Documents.
- Development of reports for funding applications.
- Development of action plans following risk assessments.
- Development of yearly planners to help you comply with health and safety requirements.
Not sure where to start?
For advice call us on Phone: 061 422207 Mobile: 087 616 2564; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our Enquiry Form.